– computational analysis (TRL3) of two bioprocesses in large-scale fermenters combining existing fluid and reaction dynamics sub-models,
– use of the computational framework to design scale-down simulators (TRL3),
– computation-driven re-design of microorganisms and fermentation conditions (TRL3),
– validation of the large-scale conditions (TRL5)
– implementation of improved environmental conditions for the cells, (TRL4-5)
– experimental verification/validation in the lab of the integral organism/process improvements, (TRL5)
– transfer of the findings back to the industrial fermenters and validation of the applied computational tools on industrially relevant scale (TRL5)
– final demonstration of combined strain/process improvements using the integrated computational model in an industrial environment (TRL6).